For people who love beauty and want a beautiful face that resembles the new Korean trend, and for people who are sick of looking in the mirror to find a face that they don’t like looking back at them… For those that are tired of hearing people describe their face as round, or their jaw or chin as large…
Do not worry, as there is a way to change this. So, how are you going to be able to reduce the size of your face back down to look beautiful like that Korean girl that you saw on that Korean drama T.V. series?
Before anything else, you must first understand exactly what makes your face the way that it appears.
- Genes – Genes are one of the reasons as to why our faces turn out the way that they do. They are why we sometimes have a big or small face, jaw or chin. We get them from our direct relatives that came before us (our fathers, mothers, grandfathers, grandmothers).
- The way in which bones grow – Some people have better bone growth than others, and this can sometimes lead to larger facial bones (particularly chin bones).
- Muscle or fat around the chin – Some people develop more muscle around their chins than other people, mostly due to the amount that they use/work their jaws. Some people eat more chewy foods than other people do, and this requires more power from the jaw. Thus, the body builds muscles in the areas that they are required. In terms of fat, this occurs sometimes when the over-consumption of food takes place. The excess food is converted to fat and is stored in different areas in the body. Sometimes, fat is stored in the face (particularly the chin region) and gives the perception of a larger face.
- Other symptoms–For example: edema. This is when excess water is captured in the cavities or tissues of the body. It can swell the face and make the chin and jaw seem larger than normal.
There are many ways to get a slender face:
The issue of a larger-than-desired face shape is an issue that many people probably face. However, it is not one that is impossible to overcome. Nowadays, there are multiple ways to solve this problem, allowing the face to be shaped in preferable ways. The important thing is that there are easy ways to solve the issue of excess fat. There are ways to do it yourself and ways to use innovation and doctors. Let’s have a look at the ways in which we can slim our faces, starting with the easiest ways and moving to the harder ways, so that we can better understand the options.
- Lose weight – For some people, their faces look larger because they might be overweight. Fat is stored in areas like the chin and jaw and make the face look bigger and round. This can be corrected by losing weight, allowing the face a chance to shrink too. Consume foods that have nutrients from the 5 food groups in amounts and intervals that are appropriate and never more than are required. Exercise 3-5 times per week for 45-60 minutes at a time.
- Manage your own jaw – An easy way to manage your jaw and chin is to do it yourself. These are some examples of routines that will help tighten your face up:
-Puff your cheeks up with air from your breath and move the air from one side to the other and back. Repeat this.
-Purse your lips to make your mouth small. Hold for about 5 seconds.
-Smiling from side to side by raising just one side of your mouth as high as you can, and then doing the same with the other side.
- Massage your face – This is a method of managing your own facial structure by using your fingers and hands to massage specific areas of your face such as the temple, forehead, around the eyes and around the mouth. This form of massage helps relax the muscles around the face which in turn actually stimulates the skin to tighten and allows the structure and shape of the face to become thinner. Give this a try as a part of your routine, but understand that this must be done often and for long periods of time in order to see visible results.
- Face slimming cream –Using generic face slimming cream has benefits related to tightening the skin on the face. However, the effect (with regards to actually slimming the face) depends on the individual using the cream. This is because the issue of a large face or rounded jaw line is actually due to bone structure. Face slimming cream is much more effective on people who have a rounder face due to fat storage. Therefore, face slimming cream is an effective way to reduce fat. It is also a good way to increase blood and lymph fluid circulation. It can reduce the swollen look of the face and make the face look slimmer.
- RF therapy – RF (Radio Frequency) is a sound wave that is of a high frequency at the radio wave level. The principle behind it is that these high frequency sound waves penetrate the skin at a deeper level. It helps to reduce sagging skin and wrinkles. The skin becomes more flexible and tighter. This can be used to make the face slimmer.
- Injecting Filler – Filler is a compound known as Hyaluronic Acid which is naturally in our skin already. It has the ability to hold water and make the skin radiant. Using filler injections, it is possible to make the chin appear longer and slimmer. After filler has been injected, it remains under the skin for around 8-12 months before naturally dissolving.
- Injecting Botox –Botox or “Botulinum Toxin” is a compound that is injected and remains under the skin for around 6-8 months. It has the ability to reduce the strong connection between muscles. It is therefore useful in slimming the shape of the face. After injecting Botox, the muscles in that region of the face slowly loosen up over the timeframe of 2-4 weeks. Results become clearly visible within 2-3 months, and it is possible to have a slimmer face by then.
- Injecting Meso-fat – Meso-fat (or Meso Lipolysis) is a vitamin compound that is injected directly into the layer of fat in order to dissolve that fat. When it is injected into the fat, it generates contractions within the fat, which causes it to begin to dissolve, creating a general slimming of the face. With Meso-fat there is the ability to reduce fat in specific areas, such as only the cheeks.
- Thread lift – This is the art of inserting threads under the skin in order to tighten it. It can help produce a slimmer face shape. The best way in which this is done (with the most safety and quality) is with PDO threads that dissolve. The same threads are used in vascular surgery. It helps to strengthen the skin tissue and promotes collagen production under the skin. As for how much it lifts the skin on your face and how much resting time is required after the procedure, it depends on how many threads are inserted as well as on the discretion of the doctor administering the threads.
- Surgery – Jaw surgery is an option for people with a large jaw and/or jaw bone. It can help shape and slim the face to the liking of the individual. Jaw surgery can be done either through the inside of the mouth or from the outside of the mouth, at the discretion of the doctor. There are less complicated ways to go about doing this surgery too, and the resting period can be quite short. The size and shape of the bone structures can be customized in order to reduce the size of the cheek bones or jaw bone.
These methods are only being put forward as an option. For people with the issue of a large face or a big/round jaw, the procedures have to be customized to your exact needs. If you do not understand how these problems can be solved, we suggest that you consult a specialized doctor about your specific issues. Nowadays, there are multiple types of beauty establishments that can help you with your individual needs.